It's National Pet Sitters week! We honor our babysitters plenty, but do you make sure to thank you pet sitters, too?
Well, this is the week to do so because the organization, "Pet Sitters International," has declared this week to be the week to honor pet sitters everywhere.
Pet Sitters International is an organization that was founded in 1994 to give support and a home to those who pet sit, and to provide services for those who need pet sitters. If you're a pet sitter or if you need one, check out their website here.
So, since it's pet sitters week, let's go over some benefits of hiring a pet sitter if you don't already have one!
For Your Pets
- They'll be in their own home versus a kennel, which has them feeling safer and happier!
- Personal attention and plenty of love.
- Having someone there in case of an emergency.
- No risk of exposure to other animals' sicknesses.
- You won't need to transport your pet anywhere.
- You'll get to know the person taking care of your pet and know that they are the ones spending the time with your pet.
- Save money from expensive kennel fees.
- Your house gets checked on, too!
And, if you're thinking of becoming a pet sitter, there are plenty of benefits there, too. Here are some reasons why you should consider pet sitting:
- If you have a dog but don't have the means to care for one, you'll get to be around dogs without owning them
- It gives you flexible hours. You can decide how many hours you want to work a week, when, and where. You can take jobs based on what you can do.
- Every day is different. You won't get bored because you'll have a new challenge and maybe even new animal every day.
- You get paid to play with dogs. Seriously, how could it get any better than that? It's a perfect way to fulfill your love for dogs, and get money for it!
So if you use a pet sitter, give them a pat on the back this week, and if you're a pet sitter, give yourself a pat on the back! It may be difficult at times, but it's rewarding. Happy Pet Sitters Week!